Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Two finished projects!

Last week I made a fleece blanket for my niece, Rachel. The store receipt fell out of the fabric when I went to make it so I know that I bought the fabric in February right before my wedding. It was one of those rare days when I went into Sewphisticates http://sewfisticated.com/dorchester-ma-store/ and they actually had exactly what I was envisioning: fleece fabric printed with horses and white minkee for the reverse side! Rachel's 15th birthday is next week, so I thought it would make a nice gift if I put it together. These fabrics wanted to be a blanket and sewed together effortlessly. I mailed it this morning along with a pair of horse earrings. My niece is an accomplished equestrian, so she loves anything with a horse on it. Just the same way I feel about anything with pugs!

Here is the blanket. It is a nice size, about 60"x72". You can see the white minkee in the lower left hand corner.

A close-up of the horse fleece.
Last night, I finished Baby Angie's quilt. Ironically, I bought this pattern a long time ago. I believe the copyright is 1996. I probably bought it to make a baby quilt for Rachel! The pattern is called Animal Crackers  http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=3057731192253057&Store_id=663&page_id=23&Item_ID=1039 and is published by The Country Quilter http://www.countryquilter.com/. I was surprised to find out that they were still in business and online!

I kept it fairly true to the original pattern colors, except that I embroidered all of the animal sounds on my Bernina 200 embroidery machine instead of appliqueing them. It was a lot easier! I'm really proud of this quilt! Most of the fabric came from my stash! I even made a pieced border! The background is a tiny multi-color polka dot. This fabric along with the pale pink dot that the embroidery is on are the ones I mentioned in my earlier blog, When bad fabric happens to good people! http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1468938580096647718#editor/target=post;postID=8228897532570423567 . I need to make a label for the back before I put it in the mail.

Good night dear friends and readers! I will blog again soon so you can see all the fun we had at our recent Brown Baggers Quilting Weekend.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment