Saturday, April 6, 2013

Waiting for Spring

Although it is April 6th, here in Massachusetts we are still waiting for Spring to arrive. I did see a robin and a blue jay the other day, so hopefully Spring will be here soon.

Last Sunday I bought pansies at Home Depot. I bought some of every color that they had. The purple and yellow ones are probably my favorites.
I'm afraid to plant them outside since everyone says that it is still too cold, so they are living inside my dining room for now. I think that I will take them outdoors this afternoon for some fresh air and a big drink of water.

I made these embroidered floral blocks in 2007 in a class at Ann's Fabrics. I only finished five. They were supposed to be part of a much larger quilt, although now I am thinking of making a wall hanging with them.

They are very cheerful. I like the white flower block (narcissus?) but it doesn't look like it shows up very well against the background fabric, so maybe it shouldn't go in the quilt. What do you think?


On a positive note, my crocus have come up! Can anyone tell me why, after I have rotated this photo in iPhoto so that it is the correct orientation (horizontal), it still shows up as vertical when I try to import it in my blog? Do I need to make a duplicate image first, then rotate?

Enjoy your weekend!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy


1 comment:

  1. Love the pansies - such pretty flowers! Can't help you with the photo problem - techno issues are something I try to avoid - photo looks good as-is!

    ReplyDelete