Friday, May 30, 2014

Thursday Girls Show and Tell May 2014

I got to hang out with my Thursday Girl Sewing Friends last night. They had lots of beautiful quilts in progress.

Karen made this lovely Scrap Wave out of Amy Butler fabrics. This is a free pattern on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville website. It's a big quilt. Pat and Karen are both behind it, standing on chairs.
Karen still needs to add piano key borders to the top and bottom.
Karen was inspired to make her quilt, after she saw Pat's Amy Butler quilt, which she finished last month. I started a batik version last week.
Pat's Amy Butler Scrap Wave.
Isn't it funny how the inner border can make a difference? Very similar fabrics in both, but the blue inner border accentuates the blue fabrics in the quilt, while the pink inner border accentuates the pink fabrics. I am in love with both of these quilts. Maybe I need to start collecting Amy Butler fabrics...

Karen also gave me this finished quilt top to bring to my friend Terri for machine quilting. This quilt was made from birthday blocks that the Thursday Girls did a few years ago.
Very Lily Pulitzer! This quilt makes me feel happy.
Toni was finishing the same quilt in a different color way. She is still putting on her piano key borders. Want to know a secret? Toni's piano keys are made from one fabric--it's printed in stripes! This quilt is even prettier in person. Toni even has red leopard print in it!
I may have to steal this quilt from Toni when it is finished.
Last, but certainly not least, Judi made a Popsicle Stick quilt out of a beautiful blue batik jelly roll that she bought at QuiltPort.
Isn't this pretty? Too bad you can't see Judi or her paisley print shoes.
I hope that you enjoyed our Show and Tell. Maybe next time I can get my friends to show their faces! Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. all awesome quilts. it is amazing how that little inner border made such a difference on those two quilts. both are beautiful, but look so different with just a small change

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job ladies! I wish I knew people close by to sew with :)

    ReplyDelete