Sunday, July 16, 2017

What's New Pussycat? A Quilt for Angie

Angie turned 5 last month. She wanted a quilt for her big girl bed. She loves cats and the color red.
Here is the finished quilt.
When in doubt, I always turn to Yellow Brick Road which is my TNT (tried 'n true) pattern. It goes together quickly and allows me to use a myriad of fabrics, patterns and colors. I had been collecting cat fabrics for Angie but as usual, I had collected more cat fabric than I could possibly need...

I think that little kid quilts should have lots and lots of colors and patterns to look at. The quilt looks a little garish in photographs, but I think it will be a hit with Angie. The quilt is en route to Oregon, and I'm waiting to hear how she likes it.

Here's a close-up of some of the cat fabrics. Most of the red fabrics are ancient fat quarters from my Stash.
I use some large pieces of cat fabric on the back. There is more feline fabric left over so Angie will definitely be getting some kitty cat pillowcases soon.
The quilt was machine quilted by my friend Val. She even did a kitty cat pantograph.

Here is Angie's baby quilt which I made in 2012 which was the year that I started blogging.

Thanks for visiting.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Just love this adorable kitty quilt--I remember a lot of those cat fabrics from my stash...(my fabric cats are hiding somewhere in that
    deep stash lol). Love the back, too--I'm sure she will just flip over this!! hugs, Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitty quilt is fantastic! I love all those fun kitty fabrics. I am sure this will be loved by Angie. Have a great day! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your red binding finished this one perfectly!! She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name of the quilt. The reds give it great balance. Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will defi itely be a hit! It's such a great quilt for kids, and the red binding is perfect. Can you think of a better use for ancient fat quarters? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh that quilt is fabulous. You do such a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    ผลบอลเมื่อ

    ReplyDelete