Sunday, January 27, 2019

Victoria's Baby Quilt

I woke up this morning and decided to finish baby Victoria's quilt. I worked on it last week at our MLK quilt weekend and it was nearly complete.

All the fabric came from my stash (aka Nancy's House of Fabric). I mixed cotton prints with flannel. I finished it with a wide satin binding. I think the baby will enjoy all the different textures. There is no pattern for this quilt, I just used what I had. The gray squares were cut 4.5" wide. 
The finished quilt is 36" x 42".
Here's a close-up of some of the quilt fabrics.
Here is LarryPug doing his best Vanna imitation and showing you the back of the quilt which is pink flannel owls. Nice and toasty warm.
My brother Gary asked me to make this baby quilt as a gift for his co-teacher who had her second baby in November. Her colors were gray and white and her theme was owls. I have lots of owl fabric because my little friend Lily loves owls. I don't normally work much with gray, but I had bought a bunch of gray prints when I made my friend Pat a Chubby Charmer for her birthday a few years ago.

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Great quilt and Larry pug is always such a great quilt model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry is an amazing super model and the quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty little quilt for baby Victoria - love the owls on the back too!

    ReplyDelete