Saturday, October 21, 2017

Back from Outer Space

Sorry, I've been a little tied up lately...
I've been posting sporadically for the last few months and I hope that this post marks the return of a more regular schedule. Since May I have been working on four major projects for my real life job and they are finally nearing completion. These projects sucked the life out of me. Most of the summer I would come home late from work (usually the last one out of the parking lot, except for the cleaning people), eat dinner and go to bed. On the weekends, I did laundry and napped. I barely touched my sewing machine or my beading projects. I apologize to my lovely husband, family and friends who put up with a very grumpy and depressed PugMom for far too long. Ironically, the less I wrote, the more followers joined my blog...

Here's a few highlights to get you caught up.
On August 5th, Caesar joined our family. He is four years old. We adopted him through New England Pug Rescue (PRONE).
On October 2nd, Elvis had a big birthday!
He turned 15, which is 105 in dog years. And yes, we had a party for him!
I got to meet Natalia (JMag) who appeared on Project Runway Season 15. She did a lecture for Marion's sewing guild at the Framingham Public Library. She was just delightful. We got to check out a rack of her hand-made clothing items. She also shared some of the Project Runway behind the scenes dirt with us...
I've finally started sewing again. I'm making a quilt out of my birthday blocks.
Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

11 comments:

  1. Glad to see you and your pugs back. Hello to Caesar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear PR dirt too. Cesar is adorbs as is your quilt. Well, at least you look good even if too busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering were you were! So glad to see you back behind your sewing machine. Congrats to Elvis...15 wow!!! And welcome to Caesar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I have missed you. Congrats on the addition of Caesar to your pack and Elvis's birthday. I am looking forward to being back in your loop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its so nice to welcome you back again - you have been missed!! What a shame when work gets in the way of stitching, and blogging, but needs must. And as you say, you are almost through your extra commitments now and will hopefully have a better life-work balance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Debby. You are a "no-reply" blogger, so I can't email you directly.

      Delete
  7. I see you were at the Framingham Library...I lived in Framingham & used to go to that library when it first built!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see Caesar, and you back. I remember those IT days....don't miss them one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    ผลบอลเมื่อ

    ReplyDelete