Thursday, July 5, 2018

A visit from Colette!

Last week my friend Colette, who blogs at What About Rheema, made an epic trip from Michigan to Maine to collect her favorite rows for the 2018 Row by Row. She mentioned it in her blog and I reached out immediately to see if we could meet in person. I was so excited! Colette and I have been corresponding for several years and I was eager to meet her and her little dog Bobbin.

Colette arrived on Sunday afternoon and we enjoyed a few hours of relaxation on our patio, followed by a lazy lunch at the Yard House. We were hoping for a little romance or at least a rousing game of tag for Caesar and Bobbin, but she was a little intimidated by the Pug Boys, so they watched each other from afar. LarryPug wanted to keep Colette for his own, so a couple of times he and Bobbin barked at each other quite territorially. Elvis is a senior citizen and was quite indifferent, although I believe that Bobbin did give him a little kiss. We were amused.
We still had about 45 minutes left after lunch to visit Ann's Fabrics which is open on Sunday. They were having a sale, so Colette and I rescued some fabric and brought it home.

The next day, I took Colette to Framingham (my ancestral home) and we visited Sewphisticated, Fabric Place and Joann Fabrics. The enchanting Miss Bobbin accompanied us and she was so quiet that most people in the fabric shops didn't even notice her hanging out in Colette's over-sized shoulder bag. We rescued some more fabric. Colette even found some goodies that she had been searching for for over a year at Joann's.
Here is Bobbin peeking out of her travel bag.
Bobbin, Colette and I enjoyed lunch alfresco on the patio of Whole Foods in Framingham.
Colette brought me a great gift, the Row by Row kit from the Fabric Garden in Maine, which I had greatly admired. I will make it (eventually) for my darling husband Mike who is a classical guitarist.
Here are Colette's posts about our visit, part 1 and part 2.

Colette--Thanks for visiting! Come back soon!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Awe that is a cute pic of Bobbin at the table. She looks so small. Thank you for the wonderful time. It was great to finally meet you and your oh so handsome husband Mike, and the pug boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um Nancy, that pattern is perfect for Drew too! I'd love a copy. What a fun visit and great shots of everyone! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful visit--how neat to meet in person...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always so nice to finally meet up with a fellow blogger, after "talking" to them for years. Looks like you all had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete