Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Brown Baggers Take Rhode Island

Greetings Dear Blog Readers,

I hope that you remember me. I always find it ironic when new readers sign up when I haven't written for a while. Hopefully I won't disappoint them!

The intrepid Brown Baggers spent last weekend in Middletown, RI sewing up a storm. 

Nancy D. assembled a colorful quilt made from a previous year's birthday blocks.
Joanne S. was making a disappearing hour glass from a Missouri Star Quilt tutorial. You cut up the large block in the foreground (the hour glass) and reassemble it into the star block.
Joannie showed off one of her Bali Bedrunner blocks. Don't be fooled. She assembled it before the weekend... you may have seen it here...
Sally was working on her Double Wedding Ring quilt. It has a soft grey background that really makes the colors pop!
Joanne S. added a binding to the colorful quilt that we made for Emma, her great niece and our junior Brown Bagger quilter.
Kim G. made pillows with photos transferred to fabric.
Here's a close-up of the photo.
Cordula put bindings on three quilts. She made this quilt with scraps from pillowcases. The fabric features Volkswagen buses.
Marion finished the top of a t-shirt quilt she is making for her grandson Wyatt.
Cordula added a binding to this quilt too. She likes this pattern so much that she's made it three times.
Finally, Cordula also put a binding on this quilt. This pattern is Alba from Kaffe Fassett's Quilts in Italy book. I love the autumnal colors. We all really admired this quilt. Although this is not my usual color pallete, I may have to copy Cordula's. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, you know.
Here's a close-up.
Joan S. made a potholder out of leftover quilt blocks.
I worked on a very old project that I started in 2002 at the Houston Quilt Festival with Charlotte Angotti. I finished five more blocks (for a total of nine) out of 30 blocks. I have finished making all the star pieces and sorted them into block packages. This quilt will have pieced sashing and a pieced border so it will be a long time before I finish it! Good thing I still like the colors!
Marion assembled her birthday block quilt. It is the same as Nancy's in the top photo, only Marion has made hers tall and skinny. Both Marion and Nancy D. plan to add outer borders to this quilt.
Jo Anne E. created this original design for a table runner.
On the design wall, you can see Nancy D.'s Double Wedding Ring in progress. It is all pastel 1930's prints.
A group photo. There were 10 of us in attendance but Joan S. left before we took a picture. I'm kneeling at the front left.

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

6 comments:

  1. You are such a talented bunch of ladies, and get so much accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Waving) Hi Nancy! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great group--lovely quilts all...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's been a while. I enjoyed all the projects you and your friends are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you post. I've been missing you. I love those old blocks you've been working on. Putting that one on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete