Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fast 2 Finish Apron

Today was my monthly meet up with my Sunday quilting friends, aka the Brown Baggers. Marion and I spent the morning working on two t-shirt commissions for our Etsy shop, http://www.etsy.com/shop/2PugsDesign?ref=si_shop but we got as far as we could right after lunch time, leaving us free to work on our own projects.

I decided to make an apron for my husband Mike. Mike is a great cook and makes most of our meals. The Cooking Channel is his favorite station. Lately he has been making a lot of recipes from Cooking Light magazine in an effort to help me lose weight.

I've made Mike aprons before. They are a super-easy project. First, I trace an old apron. I use two fabrics so it will be reversible. I cut the apron strings 3 inches wide and fold them under twice to make a finished strap. I pillowcase the whole thing and leave an opening to turn at the bottom. I think I was able to make Mike's apron in less than an hour.
Cool surfer dude fabric on the front...
...reversing to blue Hawaii on the back complete with guitars!

 Mike and I got married this past February over President's Day weekend and we honeymooned in Hawaii. I bought the fabric for his apron on our trip at Fabric Mart http://www.fmart.com/ in Oahu. They have a huge selection of Hawaiian fabric there. I also brought some fat quarters home for my quilting friends.

Tonight I came home from my quilting group to the delicious smells of a barley and beef stew! Lucky me!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment