Saturday, June 8, 2013

Finally, a REALLY BIG FINISH!!!!

Anna's Wedding Quilt
FINALLY!!!!! Anna's wedding quilt is done! I finished sewing the binding on this afternoon, right before lunch time.

Here are some of the details... Anna and I picked out the fabric together when we were on a business trip in the summer of 2011 in Maryland at Capital Quilts, which was a very nice quilt store. The pattern is a Blooming Nine Patch from Traditions with a Twist, which is one of my favorite quilt books. I've made this quilt before, but never one so big (it's 96"x108"). There are 10 different batiks in this quilt which blend out from an aqua to turquoise to purple to a greenish-blue. I LOVE this quilt and I'm happy there is a little fabric left over to make myself a memento.
Here I am with Anna at her wedding. Wasn't she a beautiful bride?


Anna got married on May 5, 2012, and I started working on her quilt on my annual Berkshires trip later that May of 2012. I finished the top this past February. It was quilted by Shirley Gammon. This is a really wonderful pattern, very easy, but A LOT of pieces, especially if you enlarge it to king size! It is simply a 9-patch block, alternating with a plain patch block, set diagonally on point.

This quilt goes in the mail (with lots of insurance) on Monday.

Doing the Happy Dance!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

P.S. I am linking up with……Confessions of a Fabric AddictLink a Finish FridayFreedom Fridays, Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday, Sew Many Ways, and Crazy Mom Quilts.

21 comments:

  1. congrats on a wonderful finish. The quilt just seems to glow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it looks like it is glowing from the middle.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Love the colors. I have made this pattern, might have to pull it out again, I forgot how beautiful they turn out. I'm sure Anna will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! I mailed it on Monday and she has already received it. She was thrilled!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is big, but wonderful. Great blending of the fabrics, Nancy. Glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous quilt... the work IS the piecing on that one! Glad you had someone to quilt it! It is fantabulous... found you on Richard and Tanya quilts! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Great job and hurray on a huge finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure your daughter and new hubby will be doing the Happy Dance too. Great job, it is beautiful!
    jan@http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! I need a deck like that to take photos from lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a gorgeous quilt! I know it took hours and hours, but was a labor of love. I love your color choices, and the way the colors blend into each other are awesome!

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beauty! Looks like a lot of intricate piecing, but it turned out so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's beautiful! Your color choices are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG.... That quilt is exquisite!!!! I love the colors and size! How fortunate the recipients are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is big but gorgeous. I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quilt! It does look like it is blooming! Love it! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors in yours! Blooming 9-patch is on my To Do list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure this will be treasured!! What a beautiful finish!! So glad you dug this out of your archives to share with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete