Friday, June 28, 2013

Something New

I was bored on Monday night so I decided to ignore my massive list of unfinished projects and start something new. A few weeks ago my friends at Keepsake Quilting had sent me an email, letting me know that they missed me and offering me a 20% discount on my next purchase.

I didn't want to hurt my friends' feelings, so I bought two kits. This is one of them. It is a bargello wall hanging.
There are 20 lovely colors of batik in this quilt.
On Monday night, I got as far as sewing colors 1 through 7 together. I only have to make 2 strata units, so it should go fairly quickly.
Joannie joined me in my naughtiness and set aside her husband's Christmas quilt to start some new place mats. She bought these adorable veggie fabrics on her last trip to Vermont to pick up her daughter from college.

After all, this is a hobby, it's supposed to be fun!

I'm linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Link a Finish Friday and Crazy Mom Quilts. You can check out some other great quilting blogs. If you're visiting me, stop and say "Hi."

Have a naughty day!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty fabrics. I love that you didn't want to hurt any feelings at Keepsake. :) Might need to use that excuse next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, hobbies are supposed to be fun! Lovely wall hanging - can't wait to see the finished project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of having a "naughty day" occasionally! Your wall hanging is going to be beautiful, and aren't those veggie prints fun? Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete