I've been promising to make Susan a bed quilt for several years. She picked out this design, Jungle Rain, in 2011 and I ordered a kit from Hancock's of Paducah. Unfortunately, I dilly-dallied, and right before I got started last May (2014), Susan bought a king size bed! I knew that I didn't have enough fabric, so I chose a new pattern and continued on. I finished all the blocks by Thanksgiving and I showed them to Susan. She was thrilled.
I know that I am a slow sewer, and I was not naive enough to think that I'd get all 240 blocks (they are 7 inches, unfinished) assembled into a king size quilt top (16 rows, each 15 blocks wide) in one day, but I was kind of hoping that I'd be done by Saturday morning...
|This is the quilt diagram that I drew before the quilt weekend. It took me two hours to draw. But having it as a visual reference, since I didn't have a gi-normous design wall, made putting the quilt together quite simple.|
|Day 1. On Friday, five rows have been assembled by 4:50 p.m.|
|Progress on Day 2. I have eight rows assembled by 2:57 p.m., on Saturday.|
|Day 3. On Sunday, at 5:35 p.m., the top is done. It is 97"x104". |
Thankfully Susan doesn't want an outer border.
|I came home on Sunday night and found that Mike had made |
Italian Wedding Soup. I think that it matches Susan's quilt.
Now I have to piece the backing fabric...
Thanks for visiting! Linking up on Friday to TGIFF, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts and Crazy Mom Quilts. And I just found a new linky party, Fabric Frenzy Friday!
Pugs and kisses,