Way back on May 20th, my lovely blogging friend Sandra who keeps me laughing at Musings of a Menopausal Melon nominated me for One Lovely Blog Award. Just one day later, my glitter sister LeeAnna (we were separated at birth) who blogs at Not Afraid of Color also nominated me. At the time, I was happily ensconced in the Berkshires sewing my brains out for a week, so it's taken me a little while to respond. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You girls rock! Is there anyone out there NOT reading either of these two blogs? Go take a visit, you won't regret it.
Part of the award requires that I tell you some interesting factoids. Since I'm not exactly a shrinking violet, I actually struggled to come up with:
Seven Things You Don't Know About Me...
- I have a second blog. It's not about quilting, but it's pretty funny. You should sign up to follow it right now. I'll wait. Did you miss the link in the first sentence? Here it is AGAIN...
- I always have a pedicure, even in the winter when only I can see it. I love it when my toes look nice. I rarely get a manicure. I'm always doing something with my hands.
- My husband has longer hair than I do, and his hair is much nicer than mine. My brother Jeff says that my husband Mike has "David Cassidy Rock God hair".
- If I didn't have the three pugs, I would love to own a really big dog, like a Great Dane or a Mastiff. I think they are magnificent creatures. However, my three pugs are super funny and endearing.
- I love to read and I'm a super-fast reader. I rarely use a bookmark because I typically read an entire book in one sitting. For some reason, this annoys other people.
- People assume that since I'm a quilter, that I'm just like Martha Stewart. This is far from the truth. I like doing the laundry (although I don't like putting it away and sometimes I just wear it out of the basket) and I bake occasionally (usually from a mix), but that other domestic crap bores me silly. You'll never find me weaving the pugs' fur to make a blanket and I suck at wrapping presents.
- I'm a morning person and the best part of the day takes place before noon. Naturally, I'm married to a night owl.
Here's the good part, where I nominate other great bloggers so you'll have even more to read:
- Mari at The Academic Quilter
- Daphne at Ivy, Phyllis and Me
- Hollie at Just a Mom Who Sews
- Kate at Life in Pieces
- Sandie at The Lone Quilter
- Kat at Made with Love and Ladybug Hugs
- Mary at Needled Mom
- Daryl at Patchouli Moon Studio
- Colette at What About Rheema?
Thanks for visiting!
Pugs and kisses,