Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A Quilt for Baby Nate

Hello Dear Blogging Friends,

Sorry I haven't written in a while. Everything is ok here. I made it through a tumultuous "reorganization" at my office which resulted in a month of stress, sleeplessness and heartburn, but things are hopefully on the upswing right now.

Mostly I haven't written because I feel like I haven't made anything interesting lately. I've made a lot of pillowcases, but do you really want to see them? Plus Mike uploaded new software on my computer and downloading photos has gotten kind of quirky. I used to be able to "select all" and they'd all load up, but now when I do that they don't all transfer. It's kind of weird.

Anyways, I have gone back and checked my list and I do have some finished quilts to show you.

This is Baby Nate and his sister, Pickles, on Nate's Winnie the Pooh quilt.
Not sure who likes the quilt more, Nate or Pickles.
Baby Nate is Mike's Cousin Abby's first baby. We can't wait to meet him at Thanksgiving. He'll be about six months old by then.
Here's another photo.
This pattern is called Warm Wishes and it was in QuiltMaker magazine many years ago. I had this design in my "to-do" file, and it was the perfect choice for Nate's quilt. You can download the pattern for free here. Abby had requested Classic Pooh, i.e., non-Disney Winnie the Pooh, which was challenging to find. I finally purchased some fabric on eBay. This color palette is much more subdued than I usually work with but Abby and her husband John were thrilled with the quilt.

Abby's Mom, Leah, sent me some photos of Nate's room. Abby and John (Nate's parents) made all the wall decorations. They are so amazing! And I'm happy that the quilt is a perfect match.
Linking up on Tuesday with Freemotion by the River's Linky Tuesday and Val's Quilting Studio. Linking up on Wednesday to Let's Bee Social by Sew Fresh Quilts.

Joy--thanks for your sweet note asking me to return to Blogland. Here's a picture of the Pug Boys for you. They send you lots of kisses.
We took the Pug Boys on a vacation in August. Here they are in the back seat of the car. From left to right: Snoozing LarryPug, age 7; a wide awake Elvis, who just celebrated his birthday and turned 14 on Sunday; and a sleeping Romeo, who will be 15 in December.
Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy



6 comments:

  1. So wonderful to know that all is well! I almost started bombarding you with queries but thought if something was wrong you wouldn't want to be hassled... Yippee that all are (and is) okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you're back! Nate is very cute, and so is his quilt. The pug boys look exhauseted by their vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life has been that way for me too....but with Fall in the air, I have a new hop in my step. And, it looks like you do too. Oh that Winnie the Pooh room/quilt to match are adorable! So glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I am glad to see that you are all healthy and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very fun quilt for Nate. Looks like you nailed the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt, and Nate is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete