Thursday, November 21, 2013

Quilting night with my Thursday girls

The Thursday night girls are sorely under-represented in my blog. I've decided it's for the following reasons:
  1. I have a limited amount of time to sew, usually 2-3 hours, so I need to buckle down and not lallygag around taking photos.
  2. A number of the girls appear to be in the Witness Protection Program and don't want to show their face, or else they just don't like to have their picture taken.
  3. Doesn't it always look better to have a list of at least three reasons? I can't really think of a third one...
Beth and Ginny were both making duffel bags. Ginny made this gorgeous one last weekend and brought it in to show us.
Here is Ginny modelling her lovely duffel bag.
She is rocking the paisley shirt as well.

Vera Bradley, eat your heart out!

Ginny is making a second duffel bag as a gift.

A view of the inside in progress. Ginny added
contrasting pockets to the bag.
Our resident bag expert, Pat, gave Beth a little help with a difficult part of the pattern.

Project now under control, Beth was pivoting
those pesky bag corners like a pro!

Here is Beth's finished bag. Isn't it pretty?
Judi, at left, and Toni are hard at work.

Judi assembled the top of her snowman
lap quilt. It is made of yummy flannel.

Toni was cranking out some Christmas gifts,
including this table runner.

She also made this cute little basket which she is
going to fill with DVDs and popcorn for her son.
I was busy making more pillowcases...

...here are the next 12 pillowcases in progress.

Pat has her next diaper bag almost finished.
She just needs to add the handles.
Nancy Q. is making this adorable wall hanging for her
grandson Ethan for Christmas. It is all appliqued by hand.

Here is a close-up of the cute little mice.

Karen brought in her block of the month quilt.
She machine quilted it herself. It came out really great.
Don't I have a nice bunch of talented friends? A productive night of sewing for all! I will miss my Thursday night gal pals, since we won't see each other for two weeks, since next Thursday is Thanksgiving.

Hope you enjoyed seeing our projects!

I am linking up tonight to My Quilt Infatuation. I will be linking up on Friday to Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts and CrazyMom Quilts.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

7 comments:

  1. A lot of beautiful projects Nancy ....love the bags. Thanks for sharing Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see all the familiar faces. Say "Hi" for me.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!!! 12 more pillowcases? Sounds like a lot of sweet dreams in the near future :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those duffel bags! It looks like y'all have so much fun!


    Thank you so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just became a member of your blog! Please come follow us back! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete