Wednesday, April 9, 2014

March and April Show and Tell

Here is some of the work from my talented friends in my Brown Bagger Quilt group. I got together with them last Sunday. Below is the Show and Tell from April.
Marion, at right, made this brightly colored flannel
Yellow Brick Road quilt for her 8 year old grandson.
Now, all it needs is a binding.
Beautifully quilted by our friend Kim P.

She used up her leftover pieces on the back.
Looks like a modern art quilt!

Valerie put the binding on this yummy black and pink quilt,
but I believe that her daughter, Kristen made the top.
It is for Valerie's granddaughter. If she doesn't like it,
Valerie can always give it to me. I love pink and black!
Next up for Show and Tell is my friend Pat, the Bag Queen. She finished two diaper bags at our Sunday meeting and emailed me a third finish yesterday.
Unfortunately this photo is blurry, but I can assure you that the bag is lovely.
Pat made this bag with the leftover fabric from her new kitchen curtains.

Love the chevrons!
Here is Pat's third finish (in two days) with pink and grey chevrons.
We interrupt Show and Tell to bring you some pug photos:
LarryPug, on left, and Elvis have not finished any quilting projects this month.

Romeo, age 12, says that he needs to be in the blog too.
Here are some more fabulous finishes from my 3-day Big 50 Birthday Party Weekend last month:
This is an original pattern designed by my friend Kate
of Kate Mitchell Quilts which was given to all the
party-goers as a party favor. Isn't it great?

This is a brand new pattern design by Kate called Into the Woods.
Check it out on her website here, it looks completely different in woodsy colors.
Marion put together some old birthday blocks in jewel tone batiks.

Lexine is all smiles because she finished the top of her lovely autumnal batik quilt.


This is Cordula's finished quilt in 30's prints.

These are my birthday blocks from last year all assembled into a top.
I definitely need a border. I think I will add piano keys in animal prints.
Maybe I will use that 3 yard piece of leopard print that I just bought for the backing.

This quilt was made by the talented Joanne S., who then
gave it to our friend Nancy D., after she greatly admired it!
It is a 4-patch posy made in corals and gray. Our friend Terri
taught us this technique in a workshop a couple of years ago.

This crazy quilt was made by Kim P.'s grandmother.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I got a lot of wonderful visitors and comments on my Road Trip! blog today from my link to Sew Fresh Quilts! Welcome to my newest followers: Tempest, Kelly, Janie, and Chrissie.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment