Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pugs in the Garden Finished Row

Here is my finished row ready to be submitted for the Row by Row adventure. All the machine applique is complete! The flower designs are from a book called, Table Please by Nancy Halvorsen from Art to Heart. The pug design is from Swap Quilts Thru The Year by Lyn Brown (this was a free e-book that someone shared with me, sorry, can't find a link).
I am thrilled with it!
Here are some close-ups. I used the blanket stitch (default setting) on my Bernina 1260 and used Mettler cotton thread, 50 weight. I fused my applique shapes to the background and used tear away interfacing on the back. All my fabrics are batik except for the black pug.





My row goes to my friend Pat next. Can't wait to see what she comes up with!

Linking up on Wednesday with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts. Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Nice work. Love the pug images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Your applique is gorgeous! And of course those pugs!! I hope you make one to keep for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty and attractive quilt. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pugs make me smile. I am sitting here with my pug Ozzie warming my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute it turned out fabulous. Can't wait to see the next row

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking Good! The pugs turned out very real looking, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well how cute is that? Your pugs are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love a row along! Your batiks really show off those flowers and sweet pugs sew well. Can't wait to see what you get in return and what you decide to do with it!

    ReplyDelete