Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February 2015 Quilt of the Month

This is practically the February Quilt of the Week, since I think we managed to put it on the bed last weekend. After starting this series a year ago, I am running out of bed size quilts. This one really isn't bed size. It is about 72x80, so it just covers the top of our queen size bed. Luckily we have flannel sheets and a down comforter underneath, so the quilt is really more like "bed dressing."

This quilt was a pre-cut kit of fabric squares of large floral prints from Benartex that I purchased several years ago. I bought two kits because I wanted to make the quilt larger. This quilt is usually on our couch. I've never had it on my bed before, so I was surprised at how red and orange the quilt reads and how strongly the blue squares stick out.

I finished this quilt in November of 2012. It was machine quilted by Shirley Gammon of Maine.

Cheerful colors to help fight the winter blues.
All my quilts look better with a pug (or two) on them. Here are the handsome LarryPug and Elvis.
Here's a close-up of some of the fabrics.
This pretty tulip fabric is on the back. I wonder if my real tulips will be
able to come up this Spring. They are underneath five feet of snow!
I love flowers. I have a huge collection of floral fabrics, so perhaps this Spring I will make a larger, bed-size floral quilt.

Linking up on Friday to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Richard and Tanya Quilts. Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

7 comments:

  1. The quilt works well with the picture above the bed, and better yet with the pugs ensconced on it! Five feet...ai yi yi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabrics are wonderful - so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty bright and cheery. One the massive amount of snow is gone your tulips will rear their pretty heads again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors for this dreary February. If those tulips are resistent to spring after all this snow, you can always enjoy the back for as short time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sandra, the quilt goes very well with your painting. Maybe you'll have tulips in summer instead of spring! They are one of my favorite spring flowers. They usually show up around Easter here. Maybe 4th of July for you this year. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does go well with the wall picture, such beautiful prints and colors in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, your pugs are so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete