There is too much snow for me to make the effort to go to the quilt stores lately, but there is always online shopping. At our January Brown Baggers meeting I asked the girls for some of their favorite online fabric stores. We all agree that you should "shop local" first because we don't want any of more our favorite quilt stores to go out of business, but since the weather has been frightful, it's been easier to shop on my computer (although the weather impacts the mail delivery as well).
I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I've purchased fabric from almost all of the places I'm going to list for you here. Please note that I am not compensated in any way for my recommendations, I just like to buy fabric!
- Connecting Threads
- Hancocks of Paducah (although their catalog is so much easier to navigate than their website!)
- Material Girl Chic (she sells under this name both on Etsy and eBay)
- Pink Castle Fabrics
- Hawthorne Threads
- Fort Worth Fabric Studio
- Fat Quarter Shop
- Missouri Star Quilt Company (also a favorite of Sue's)
- Marion likes Quilt Home
- Joannie C. likes both Fabric.com and Beverly's
- Pat likes both Canton Village Quiltworks and Farmhouse Fabrics
- Nancy D. likes Shabby Fabrics
- Kim P., who is an avid machine quilter, likes Superior Threads
- Joan S. likes PineNeedle Quilts which is based in Nebraska or does she mean Pine Needle Quilt Shop which is based in Oregon?
Any fabric websites that you love? I want to hear about them. And for my non-quilting family and friends, if you've made it through this list, remember, my birthday is next month and these are great places to get a gift certificate! I never say "no" to fabric!
Pugs and kisses,