Friday, July 10, 2015

Happy Blogiversary to Me!

This is my 400th blog post! Congratulations to those of you who've been with me the whole way and welcome to the new followers who've recently joined me.
LarryPug, chief quilt inspector and blog model extraordinaire, helps me layout some blocks. Doesn't everything look better with a pug on it?
Here are some random facts and figures that I find interesting.

Read my first PugMom Quilts! blog post. I started this blog as a personal quilting diary. I'm still amazed that other people want to read it. I have fabulous blogging friends that write to me almost every day! And followers!

My husband and my Mom are still my biggest fans, but in addition to them, I now have 77 followers through BlogLovin', 56 through email, and 50 through Google Plus (I still have no idea how Google Plus works.)

I have six quilts out to be machine quilted right now. I can't wait to get them back and finish them! They are: Wild Thing, Blue and Purple Scrap Wave, Rangeley Star, Purple Yellow Brick Road, Pugtopia (my Pug Row by Row) and Rainbow Bargello.

So far this year I've completed 35 projects. Four projects were quilts, 15 were pillowcases, 9 were zipper bags, 3 aprons, 1 table runner and 2 multi-pocket bags. I've kept one small quilt and one multi-pocket bag. Everything else has been given as a gift. I just added my 2015 finished quilts page to my blog. You can see it here.

I've got five quilt tops that just need borders and they too can become finished projects, perhaps even in 2015!

Last month Mike and I celebrated our 40th anniversary! Ok, it was 40 months of marriage, but by the time we get to 40 years, we might not remember.
Last September at the beach

The three best Pug Boys in the world: Romeo, LarryPug, and Elvis

My handsome husband getting smooched by moi!
Last month, LarryPug also celebrated his three year anniversary of joining our family.

LarryPug is a nutball, but we love him to pieces.
The PugMom Quilt Posse (from left to right): Joannie, me, Marion and Sue. These girls are always up for an adventure!
Don't forget about my other blog!

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

16 comments:

  1. I follow you on Feedly, and I enjoy your quilting, your pugs, and your personality that shines Through your writing. I admire your perseverance in blogging. I have a blog, but I can't seem to stick to writing regularly congratulations on the 40 (months). We are closing in on 40 years! Ozzie the pug says hello. He likes sitting on quilt blocks and tops too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse the writing errors! iPad typing gets me every time.

      Delete
  2. Happy blogaversary. It's always fun to read your posts and see you great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary!! I have been so bad at reading blogs lately! I need you and your cute pug boys on Instagram! ;) I will make a note to check in on what fun things you are doing! Mimi sends kisses to her favorite pug trio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the boys! Hubby had to come look at the picture. He says they remind him of Minions.
    Pugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the blog, and marriage anniversaries. And may Larry be with you many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Following you via Bloglovin and enjoying your posts looking forward to many more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, following on bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. I follow through email and look forward to reading your posts and seeing some pug pictures. Quite a lot of finished projects so far this year. I will be happy to see your finished quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogiversary! Happy 40 months of marriage! Your happiness definitely shows on your face! And Mike is wonderful for you! I love reading about all of your quilting and non-quilting adventures and always hope when I click on my bookmark for you that there is a new adventure posted. I started a blog but haven't taken the time to actually figure it out. Happiness to you always Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogaversary! I love your blog and am super-impressed that you have completed 35 projects so far! The year is only half over! Go hug your hubby and your 4-legged minions and celebrate. You deserve it! Looking forward to posts #401-500. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy anniversary. I am one of your fans! Love Larry's eyebrows
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy blog-iversary Nancy! It is a wonderful community, I wholeheartedly agree. Here's to many more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy everything!! :) Wow that is a huge list of finished or almost finishes! At least something good came out of all that snow earlier this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you have been getting tons done. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete