Thursday, July 14, 2016

Quilts for Pulse

On Saturday, Marion and I got together to make quilt blocks for the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild's drive to make quilts for the Pulse victims’ families and first responders. I'm sure that most have you have seen this somewhere already, but just in case you haven't, they are looking for 10 inch (finished) heart blocks with a light background in rainbow colors. You can use any pattern that you want. They have provided several in case you want something specific to refer to.
I called upon my Brown Bagger quilting friends to join forces with me. I got an immediate response. You have to love those girls!
Here is Marion with her first finished block. This is the pattern in my first link above. It is super easy to make.
Although, it is possible to make it wrong if you are busy chatting with Marion and not paying attention! Fortunately I had more of the blue polka dot fabric and just made two more pieces!
On Saturday, Marion and I had completed 14 blocks.
On Sunday, at our monthly Brown Baggers meeting, Marion and I made another 16 blocks. Kim P.  made 6 and Lori made 2. We expect to collect more at our next meeting in August and I will assemble the quilt tops at our August weekend. We should definitely be able to contribute at least two quilt tops and I'm hoping for possibly more.

Linking up on Friday to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and WIPs Be Gone. Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. What a great charity and the hearts will make the perfect quilts for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilters are so great to provide comfort during times of trouble. Love the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are darlings to do that. The quilts look so cheery; isn't Allison's block a terrific one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sewed 5 of the blocks wrong until the 6th one when I realized that something wasn't right.

    ReplyDelete