Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Remnant Riot

I went to Joann Fabrics over the weekend for this:
Background fabric and one fat quarter
I want to make some heart blocks for the Orlando quilt project for Pulse so I needed some low volume background fabric. I had a package of polka dot fat quarters in my stash in rainbow colors but there wasn't any yellow (nor was there any red but I didn't realize that until I got back from my Joanns' trip), so that was my excuse. Everything was on sale, plus there was a 60% off coupon if you could find something in the store that wasn't on sale to use it on.

These fabrics jumped in my basket and demanded to go home with me. The remnants were an additional 50% off, so who was I to argue?
Yeah for more fabric! And I've got ideas for each of these little beauties...
There is an ancient quilting curse that you will have seven years of bad quilting luck if you leave behind any fabric that is 50% off! I didn't want to take any chances!
These fabrics were 40% off but I can always use more dog fabrics, especially in one of my favorite color combinations of black, white and red, and unbelievably I didn't have any grey zebra print.
A belated Happy 4th of July! Our friend Christine made us this delicious cheese and fruit flag.
Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy


1 comment:

  1. Nice stash enhancements. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete