Sunday, June 17, 2018

Cut it out!

Between kitchen renovations (see Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3) and Pugtastic Tuesday, and a whole lot of work stuff going on at work, there has not been too much quilting getting done at Chez Pug Pack. However, this weekend, I cancelled all my activities because I had some important cutting to do!

I'm participating again in Val's Conversation Print Swap. I participated last year too and had a great time. I used a lot of the fabrics I received in the quilt I made for Logan last year. This year, I'm going to use my bounty to make quilts for Cameron (Logan's little brother) and baby Cousin Nate.
This batch has blue jays, golf balls, paw prints, raccoons, cupcakes, dogs, rain clouds, butterflies, tractors and owls.
As of this minute, Val still has one spot left in the swap. You can start cutting right now and join in the fun! This post shows my fabrics that are getting packaged up and being mailed on Monday. Click here for details on Val's Swap. (Brown Bagger buddies--some of these goodies are coming your way.)
This batch has sunglasses, blueberries, foxes, vehicles, crabs, tennis rackets, Shopkins, kitty cats, lobsters and Jack O' Lanterns. The Shopkins fabric is of dubious quality, so after taking the photo, I substituted a different fabric.
Being no dummy, I also organized a Conversation Print Swap among my Brown Bagger Quilting Buddies. Although I only got seven participants, if you multiply that by 10 different fabrics, I'll get 70 conversation print squares from them.

I also signed up for two spots in Val's swap, so if the math gods align, I'll receive 470 four-inch squares! Yippee!

I'm also trying to finish a quilt, so there may even be an actual quilt-related post later this week. Watch this space!
Here are the Pug Boys at 5:30 a.m., which is when Caesar likes to wake up and greet the day!
Of course, when lunch time rolls around, all three pugs are sacking out on the patio.
Happy Father's Day and Happy Birthday to my Mom!

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how doggies can make even a stone walk look soooo comfy? :))) hugs, to the pugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of conversation prints. LOL Yeah you get up at the crack of dawn you need a siesta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate house renovations but it will look great when it is all done. Love the fabric and can't wait to see what it looks like when it is all done. Hugs, Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm participating in the swap too. I also took two spots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pugs look so sweet. I am participating in Val's fabric square swap, too. You are going to have some great quilts using all 470 squares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of squares. Cute dogs too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eye spy quilts are just as much fun to sew and to see the smiles produced. Fun.

    ReplyDelete