Friday, August 2, 2013

Nephew Time!

Our two oldest nephews came to visit us last weekend. Although they only live an hour away, we don't get to see them often because their lives are jam-packed with school and activities. Friday night was pretty mellow. We took the boys out to Bamboo for dinner. Bamboo has Chinese food as well as sushi, so both boys were happy. Sam is an adventurous eater, so he had sushi with Mike, while Josh and I had Chinese food.

As usual, I got up early on Saturday morning and took the pugs out. Everyone else was still sleeping. I snuck over to the Studio and assembled some blankets for the Etsy Shop. At 10:30 a.m., I took Romeo to the vet to have his ears checked. He's had a nasty ear infection for a couple of weeks (this on top of his recent eye surgery), but he is finally on the mend.

At 11:00 a.m., I got home to three handsome men making me a late morning breakfast...
Danger! Men cooking!

Young chefs in action

And not burnt toast and orange juice. No, Josh and Sam made strawberry crepes from scratch! Josh, age 14, was the head chef, his brother Sam, age 17, was his assistant, and Uncle Mike was the kitchen supervisor. The crepes were delicious (sorry, no photo!). It was quite a treat to have such a gourmet meal, although cleaning up after the three of them was no easy feat... I think they used every pan and bowl that we own.

After breakfast, Mike took the boys to an indoor rock climbing facility down the street from our house. They climbed for several hours and had a great time. The pugs and I stayed home and took a little snooze on the couch.

Josh

My husband, Mike

Sam


There was some rest time and some Facebook time after rock climbing. The pugs enjoyed a lot of attention from Sam and Josh. On Saturday evening, we had a cookout. This time, Mike cooked. We kept it simple with hot dogs and hamburgers. Josh served as Mike's assistant. It was a beautiful night to eat outside.

Josh, Sam and Mike

Check out Mike's fabulous apron featuring tattoo-printed fabric.
It reverses to a guitar print on the other side.

On Sunday, we had planned to take the kids on a hi-speed boat ride, Codzilla, through Boston, but the boys slept in late again and we went out to breakfast at our favorite 50's Diner. The boys and I all had pancakes. Plain for Josh, Blueberry for Sam, and Chocolate Chip (you'd expect anything else?) for me. So, instead of the boat ride, we took them to Monster Golf, which is like playing miniature golf in a haunted house. It is dark and all lit with black light inside and if you're wearing anything white, it glows. Oddly, when taking photos there, everything looks pretty normal.

It was super dark inside, so I was pleased that the
photo came out. Josh is glowing slightly at left.

Monster Golf played some fabulous eighties tunes as background, so Mike and I also enjoyed the music. Mike and Sam tied for first place and Josh was second. I, of course, came in last. Then, unfortunately, it was time for the boys to go home. We had a great time with them. Hopefully they will come visit us again soon.

I received the greatest compliment (EVER) from Sam when he was here. He is turning 17 in the fall and I asked him if he was getting too old for my novelty pillowcases. Sam said, "Aunt Nancy, as long as I have a head, you can make me pillowcases." That's the way to make your Aunt Nancy feel good! Sam--I'm rewriting my will tonight!

Hope you are having a good day! Happy Friday!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment