Thursday, August 15, 2013

Somewhere over the Rainbow

Thursday night was especially bright at my quilt group. I finally got to start on my Rainbow Bargello Quilt wall hanging, which I first showed you here. It worked up very quickly. I had all the strata units made so tonight I just had to start sewing them together. I have four strips left to add to this piece and this half will be complete. I love it--it has such wonderful bright colors.

Top half is almost finished!

My friend Karen finished her Kaffe Fassett Bag. She modified the Chubby Charmer tote pattern by making it larger to hold all of her quilting supplies. You saw Karen start this project here. And as soon as she finished it this evening she proceeded to dump out her other quilt bag and fill this one to the brim! Love it!

Karen's bag is lovely!

My friend Beth, at bottom left, put together her batik birthday blocks. My Thursday friends swapped these last year, the year that Mike and I got married, so I didn't participate.

Another batik beauty from Beth!
Hope you enjoyed our brightly-colored quilt show!

On Friday morning, I will be linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts, Crazy Mom Quilts and Sew Many Ways.

Don't forget to come back to see the Pets On Quilts Bloopers Reel and please vote for the Pugs!

If you come by for a visit, please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

7 comments:

  1. All of the colours look very cheery together! Love that quilts let you mix and match so many colours together...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the Show and Tell, everyone has been busy your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bright & vibrant. I love bargellos & yours is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "mini" quilt show! What fun to share a passion and skill with such creative friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt group looks like a lot of fun. I love your rainbow bargello - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely show and tell, your Bargello is wonderful. I have yet to make a Bargello quilt, you have inspired me to have a go..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful colors in that bargello!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete