Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sunday Shopping Fun at The Stash!

I freely admit that I am a fabric buying addict. However, I'm not taking dog cookies out of the pugs' mouths or putting a second mortgage on my house to fuel my addiction, so I think it's ok and under control for now.

With that in mind, Marion and I headed over to the Quilter's Stash last Sunday. Sadly, they are closing shortly as Sue is planning to retire. Everything in the store is now marked down to 40%. There was still quite a good selection when we were there, but the shopping activity was lively.

Here I am with my basket of goodies.
Unfortunately, basket not included.
I found some batik pre-cut half yards that were calling my name, then I moved on to the sadly-neglected animal prints that were languishing on the bottom shelf. Sue has the best collection of black and white cotton prints, so I had to buy a few of those as well. Since the magazines were also 40% off, I got two new issues that had just come out, as well as a couple spools of thread and a few lonely remnants. They will be much happier at my house!

Marion, my partner in crime, and co-fabric addict, also had fun adding to her fabric stash. Here she is below, all smiles at the cutting table with her choices.

I am coveting Marion's lime green and turquoise
fabrics; however she did find them first...

Here is Sue cutting Marion's fabric. Yes, that fabric is part of the
Kaffe Fassett collective, but no, Marion did NOT buy the whole bolt.
Happy new fabric owners, with Stash owner, Sue, in the middle.

The totals will remain a secret.
Only our VISA bill knows...

Barry and Sue--we will miss you!
Marion and I also enjoyed a lovely Chinese luncheon at House of Fortune, a new-to-us Chinese restaurant that Sue has been recommending to us for a long time. Hopefully, there will be at least one more visit to the Quilter's Stash before they close for good.

Have a great day! Go buy yourself some fabric! You deserve it!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment