Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Pugtastic Tuesday: Pug on a Rug

Welcome to the first edition of Pugtastic Tuesday!

When I brought home my darling Romeo almost 16 years ago, I didn't realize that I was unleashing a giant Pandora-size box of pug ephemera that would come to live with me as well. I'll admit to buying some of the pug collectibles that fill our house but a lot of our pug paraphernalia has been gifted to us by well-meaning friends and relatives. Pug socks, pug t-shirts, pug sheets, stuffed pugs, pug stickers, pug mugs, I think that we have it all.

So in honor of my pug boys, I'm starting a weekly series called Pugtastic Tuesday. I'll showcase some of my pug collection and the pug boys will visit. And perhaps even guest author a post or two.
Here are Elvis, at left and Romeo, at right as young pups in April 2003. Elvis was six months old and Romeo was almost a year and a half old. Romeo and Elvis were actual half brothers, having the same father (a stud named Hercules). Romeo passed away last April. He was almost 15 and a half.
If want to join me and you have a pet themed collection of your own, I'm happy to link to your blog at the end of my post. Just send me an email at PugMomQuilts (@ gmail.com).
Here are the pug boys today in their new big boy bed that I bought for them after the holidays. LarryPug, left is 8; Elvis, center is 15; and Caesar, at right, is 4.
This week, I'm sharing my pug rugs!
This rug is in our bedroom, next to Mike's side of the bed. I bought it more than ten years ago from a home decorating catalog. It is a very nice quality wool rug and it has held up well.
Here's a close-up. He reminds us of our handsome Romeo.
This is the rug next to my side of the bed. I bought it a few years ago, also from a catalog. It is my favorite rug and the upside down pug makes me smile. He reminds me of our crazy LarryPug.
I now have two of these rugs, since my friend Carol gifted me with one yesterday as a belated holiday gift. It is a smaller size, so I may put it in my bathroom. If you want a rug like this one, I think that Carol may have bought it here. They even offer it in three different sizes.

Here are close-ups of their adorable faces.

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

5 comments:

  1. that upside down pug is adorbs. Not as cute as the actual dogs of course. Elvis was so snuggly as a puppy. Larry on guard as usual, Cesar very chill, fitting in nicely. Bet he's relieved to find a furever hoe with y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing better than pugs on rugs might be pugs on mug rugs. LarryPug is looking especially good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that so funny how that happens. I'll be looking forward to your series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like your pug rugs, the one on your side is so bright! The pug boys are looking mighty handsome in their new bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete