Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Pugtastic Tuesday: Pug Shoes!

Isn't this little girl pug just the sweetest thing?
Welcome to the second edition of Pugtastic Tuesday. If you missed the introductory post, you can find it here.

Part of the fun of pug ownership is dressing up your pugs. The pug boys have Halloween costumes as well as coats for all types of New England weather. My thought is if I'm cold, they're probably cold too. And who wants to get wet when you walk outside in the rain? The two things that the pug boys balk at wearing are headgear and footwear. Even Romeo, who was the gentlest of souls, wanted to bite my hands off when I tried to put boots on his feet to protect them from road salt in the winter.

This week, I'll share some of my pug shoes. I bought my first pair of pug decorated shoes on eBay about 15 years ago. They were sky high platform wedges and someone had painted pugs on the front of them and along the platform sides. I couldn't actually walk in them, but they were very good looking. Eventually, I donated them to Goodwill.

I purchased the first two pair of sneakers below from websites I found through Facebook. These sneakers are made in China. The quality is decent and I enjoy wearing them although they are not suitable for long distance running or scaling a mountain (fortunately I rarely do either). Be aware that sometimes these manufacturers are unscrupulous and steal artwork. If I recognize the artist I always reach out and ask if they've licensed their designs before buying the shoes.
Don't mess with my blue pug sneakers!
My pink pug slip-ons are quite droll.
I made these sneakers on the Keds' custom website a long time ago (before LarryPug). They feature photos of Romeo and Elvis. Keds no longer offers this service but just search for custom photo sneakers and you'll find several places that offer this service.  Sadly, these are a little too small for me, but I'll never get rid of them.
No shoes for us! Here are the handsome Caesar and LarryPug (in purple) posing together in a rare moment of mutual understanding. I definitely need to get my hardwood floors refinished. After 16 years of pug racing, they have taken a beating! I will never tire of Caesar's little snaggle tooth grin.
This is my little neighbor Damian who came by to visit the pugs. Elvis is his favorite. Damian is 7, so Elvis is more than twice his age!
If want to join me and you have a pet themed collection of your own, I'm happy to link to your blog at the end of my post. Just send me an email at PugMomQuilts (@ gmail.com).

Hope your Tuesday was Pugtastic! Thanks for visiting.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. I have Chihuahua socks, my daughter bought me that look like Bobbin. Cute shoes.

    ReplyDelete