Saturday, May 17, 2014

May Views from the Garden, Part 1

Last Sunday (Mother's Day weekend), Mike and I spent the whole day working in our yard. Mike brought out all the outside furniture from our shed, cleaned off the gas grill, and planted herbs for his kitchen garden. I put in two dozen new plants, mostly perennials. Romeo, Elvis, and LarryPug happily followed us around and enjoyed the sunshine.
Pansies are blooming in our cement basket on our front steps.

Our fuchsia azalea is in full bloom.

Our weeping cherry tree is surrounded with purple tulips.

Close-up of my purple tulips. They match our front door and shutters!

I hung our summer flag. Looks just like Romeo and Elvis.

Some new annuals for the front garden.

More pretty annuals for the front yard.

And yet another variation of the purple daisy.

My bleeding heart, which is a perennial, has grown quite large.

Elvis and Romeo welcome everyone to our house. I purchased this slate
on Etsy and I love it. It is from Paintings By Sandy. I bought it four years
ago (before LarryPug joined the family) and it still looks brand new.

Mike's kitchen herb garden, planted in pots so the pugs can't "water" them.

Stone pugs enjoying a snack. Tiny pachysandra behind them.
Hosta to the right. I'm experimenting with some ground covers.

My white lilacs are starting to bloom.

A little LarryPug tushie on the right. Pansies at the side entrance.
Check out my parents' original milk box (made of zinc) from our
house in Framingham. It is over 40 years old. Any tips on getting rid of the rust?

I added some perennial violas to please our Indian deity
(purchased at the Christmas Tree Shop--it's plastic!)

The back patio has a zen feel. The tree is a Weeping Blue Atlas.
These pink flowers are perennial Dianthus.

You can never have too many pug statues or pink flowers!
These little flowers look like pom poms!
I've got lots more photos to share, so I will save them for another post. Plus, I bought more plants today!

Enjoy what's left of your weekend!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy


2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great. I have lots of pachysandra if you want more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Larry's photo bomb with his butt. OMG your colors and flowers are so similar to mine. My mamma has an azalea that color which is just full of hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete