Sunday, October 4, 2015

Time for another Row by Row

The Brown Baggers have kicked off another Row by Row quilt exchange.
Here's my starting row for In an Octopus' Garden.
I was 100% certain that I was going to do a shoe-themed quilt or a Valentine's Day quilt so I'm not certain when my thoughts ventured 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea...

The capable Kim P. organized this exchange. We had enough participants for two groups of four quilters.
Here is Group 1 (from left to right): Kim P. with her Funky Roosters, JoAnn E. with her What Season Is It? and Sally with her Halloween row. Kim is holding up her phone with Nancy D.'s row on it (Nancy was at home with a bad cold). Kim will be adding rows vertically to her quilt so it will be really fun to see how it turns out.
Nancy D. is doing an autumnal-themed quilt. Feel better Nancy!
Here is Group 2. We also had a couple of absentee contributors so we used some stunt doubles. From left to right: Emma (playing the role of Joannie C.) holding Christmas Treats, Debbie with A Tisket, A Tasket, Marion (making a face, but the other photo was worse), playing the role of Kate, showing off Welcome Spring, and me, modelling my new autumnal hair color with In an Octopus' Garden (Debbie is  threatening to make a yellow submarine for my quilt...).
The first rows were exchanged today and we will get our quilt tops back in January! I'm working on Joannie's Christmas Treats quilt next and I've already started her row. I can't show it to you because Joannie reads my blog.
Emma, capably supervised by her Auntie Jo, took a group photo for me of all the rows together.
Emma's photo of our starting rows!
Here is my handsome LarryPug popping in to say Hi!
Linking up on Tuesday to Connie's Freemotion by the River. Linking up on Friday to LAFF and
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Thanks for visiting!

Read my other blog here.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Squeal I have a perfect row that would go with that. How big are your rows? You need a row with jellyfish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are hard... wondering what I would make... no idea!! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your row. I'm looking forward to seeing what the other ladies come up with for you

    ReplyDelete