Sunday, February 28, 2016

Cape Cod, the Epilogue

I'm still blogging about my Cape Cod weekend at the end of January for a couple of reasons. One because I haven't run out of photos yet. And two, I've also been excruciatingly tired the past couple of weeks from working late and haven't done much sewing. I did make some birthday blocks for my Brown Bagger quilt buddies, but they will have to remain a secret until they are gifted next week.

Check out my cool new Olfa cutting board. I was super lucky and got two of them for Christmas (I must have been very good!). Marion and Sue each bought me one, so I have both sizes (12x17 and 17x24). I brought the 17x24 to the quilt retreat and it was great. I didn't have to worry that it would warp because I could fold it in half (see photo below). You can find these at Joann Fabrics and on MassDrop.
Looks like a regular Olfa mat...
It folds in half, which makes it great to take to quilt weekends!
Here are a couple of projects that were only in the very early stages that I look forward to seeing again as they near completion.
Pat  started this Disappearing 9-Patch in yellow Kaffe Fassett fabrics.
Cordula was designing this quilt using Kaffe Fassett stripes.
Joannie spent her weekend working on a quilt for her Mom, all in pinks. The blocks are only 5" finished, so she needs to make a lot of them for a twin size quilt.
I had a Mexican Fiesta dinner with Joannie, Sue and Pat one evening. Marion is sitting next to me, so she is not in the photo.
Here is Marion enjoying her favorite breakfast, French Toast!
This is my favorite breakfast, Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
We celebrated Marion's birthday for the second time while we were at the Cape. The waitress even put a candle in Marion's French Toast. We all had French Toast that day in honor of Marion's birthday! (Marion, me and Sue)
This is Sally's latest invention, the two-tiered trash system (patent pending). The small bag at the top is for fabric scraps to put in the pet pillows. The outer, larger bag is for trash. Sally is the MacGyver of our quilt group. She can fix or jury-rig anything.
Happy from finishing her spectacular Snake River Log Cabin, Kim P. has returned to handwork.
She is making hexagons.
Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. cool cutting board. Oh your chocolate chip pancakes look so good. All you ladies always have the coolest looking projects going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up to date with my birthday blocks, too. And the Row by Row quilts are ready for the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete