My blogging friend Lee Anna recently explained that my So Happy It’s Thursday post does NOT have to be about things that only take place on Thursday, but rather things that have made me happy during the week. Eureka! Moment of clarity for me…
|Here is my gorgeous LarryPug showing off my Valentine's Day quilt. All it needs is a binding. See #3 for details!|
- I got a package from England! Lucy Dillon sent me a copy of her newest book, All I Ever Wanted, along with a hand-written note after I had sent her a message on FaceBook asking when it would be available in the U.S. She doesn't have a U.S. publisher yet. If you like chick literature (aka chick lit) and dogs, you must read Lucy Dillon’s novels. In Ms. Dillon’s latest novel, there are two pugs and one of the characters is named Nancy. Obviously a must read for me!
- Today at work I was notified that two of my client communication campaigns will receive national industry awards in March. This is always exciting because it makes my clients very happy and it make me look good! They get a trophy, I get a pat on the back.
- I have two quilts ready for binding, both beautifully machine quilted by my blogging friend Val, plus I have three more quilts getting close to that stage! Looks like 2017 will be a good year for finished quilts.
I've stolen this photo of my own quilt right from Val's blog. This quilt is for Cameron, my friend Anna's second baby. It is the largest baby quilt ever. He'll be able to use it until he goes to high school.
- Mike's cousin sent me a gift certificate for my favorite restaurant, Delfino, as a thank you gift for a quilt that I sent to her.
Here is Ruby with her new quilt. I made this quilt eons ago but have never used it much. It is made from Brown Bagger birthday blocks from many, many years ago. I re-homed it with Mike's cousin who had admired it when she saw it on my blog (also shown here).
- We had a kick-ass birthday party for Marion last Sunday at our Brown Baggers quilt group. Marion will celebrate a milestone birthday on January 30th. We treated her in royal style with an enormous chocolate cake, Chinese food for lunch, lots of presents, PLUS a gift certificate to the Missouri Star Quilt Company.
Let them eat cake and buy fabric!
- My Dad turned 87 on Tuesday. Happy Birthday Dad! I sent him a gift cart to Wal-Mart, which is his Happy Place.
- I finished the top of my nephew Ben’s quilt on Monday night. Can’t wait to make the back and send it off to be quilted.
Thanks for visiting! Linking up with Lee Anna.
Pugs and kisses,