Tuesday, January 7, 2020

January Sunday with the Brown Baggers

Greetings Blog Friends,

I've been away too long. I'm not quilting much, but I miss you all. Lately I've been bringing my beading projects to my monthly quilt group meetings.

Here are some of the quilt projects that the girls were working on.
Kim G. is hiding behind this beauty.
Kim G. with her second finished top.
Terri with a striking Bento Box quilt done in modern fabrics.
This is a very old UFO that Marion is finishing. We took it as a workshop many years ago in Cape Cod. I think that I only made two blocks and I ended up giving them to Marion.
Our most recent meeting was this past weekend. We always use our January Sunday to host our annual after the holidays party. Everyone brings a dish with no advance signup of any kind and it's always lots of fun. This year our table overflowed with all kinds of yummy goodies including apple strudel, homemade soup with sausage and kale, delicious buffalo chicken dip (two different kinds, so we had a taste test!), a yummy strata and equally yummy quiche (I had both), brownies, blondies, and fudge (oh my) and birthday cake. Plus there were some healthy things like veggies and dip.

We also had our annual gift swap. This year Joannie found some new rules online where you rolled some dice and then acted according to the number. It was lots of fun. I ended up with a very cute clock that is shaped like a sewing machine.

Thanks to everyone who is sending birthday cards to my Dad for his 90th birthday on the 17th! He has received 18 cards so far and can't wait to go out and check the mail box every day.
Here is my first finished project of 2020. I gave these earrings to my hair stylist as a gift.
Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy, I did wonder where you were and hoped that everything was OK with you. Have you finished with quilting now or just having a break?

    ReplyDelete