Friday, September 13, 2013

Doing Our Part

Last Sunday, Marion, Joannie and I made an effort to keep the Massachusetts economy alive and well. Yes, we went fabric shopping AGAIN.

First stop, Sewfisticated in Framingham
I was really please to find exactly what I was looking for at our first stop. I needed a turquoise background fabric for a class that I am taking in two weeks. At $3.99 a yard, I bought 8 yards. I bought a few other things as well...

They had a bin of 10 cent zippers. I bought 20 for $2.00.

I got a lot of goodies! Want to see what's in this bag?
Next stop, Fabric Place Basement
I bought this great bacon fabric to make pillowcases for my nephews.

I only bought the bacon fabric at Fabric Place Basement. However, right after our visit, Living Social offered vouchers ($20 for $40 worth of merchandise) and we all bought one (OK, so Joannie and I each bought two), so we have to go back. I mean, come on, if they want to give me free stuff, I have no argument!

I love this sign at Fabric Place Basement! It was not for sale,
although I have seen similar ones, albeit smaller ones, on Etsy.


Third stop, Jo-Ann Fabrics. I bought a 2014 calendar using a 40% off
coupon. Again, I'm proud to be doing my part for my country.
Fourth stop, Button Box Sewing Center. I was getting tired,
but summoned enough energy to buy a magazine.
Want to see what's in my bag from Sewphisticated? Aren't you glad you kept reading?

This will be a pillowcase for one of my clients. She is an 80+ year old lady,
still working, who has season tickets to the Steelers. She loves football!

Upholstery weight fabric, only $2.99 a yard. Too pretty to leave behind.
It may become a tote bag. Looking at it on my screen, if I
varnished it, it would be a gorgeous floor cloth....

Something wild. You know I can't resist an animal print.
The bottom two are upholstery weight.

Adorable music fabric to make a pillowcase for my
3-year old friend Lemi who loves to sing and play the drum.

This is the craziest fabric ever, but at $1.99 a yard I had to buy
a piece. It is three different prints, flames, hibiscus and bugs,
almost 60" wide. No idea what I'm going to use this for. The
saleswoman thought it might have originally been printed
for a manufacturer to do a run of boys' shorts.

What I went shopping for...the turquoise background fabric.
For those of you who think that I do nothing but shop, I want to let you know that Marion and I did sew for two hours on Sunday morning before we picked up Joannie to go shopping, because the fabric stores don't open until noon. So, it was a 2 to 1 ratio of shopping to sewing that day.

A miserable rainy day here today. It would be a great day to spend sewing, but I have to go to work.

Have a great day!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog! So cute. Former pug owner and fabric fanatic too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Lots of fabric and pugs here!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful fabric selections. I can already picture those animal prints as a bag :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a fun honest post!! I am sure you will find something for that three print fabric, maybe a quilt back that just looks like you went to a lot of work to piece together. That was a bargain!

    ReplyDelete