Monday, September 9, 2013

September Finish: Toile Tote Bag

Hello Dear Readers,

I am happy to say that I am sewing again and back in Blog Land. I'm not sure how I ended up on a 2-week hiatus. While I didn't have writer's block, perhaps I was suffering from a slight lack of confidence, as in "Does anyone read my blog besides my Mom and my husband?" and "Are readers turned off by my non-quilting posts about the pugs, gardening, and other blather?" I've decide it doesn't matter. I write this blog for myself, and I greatly enjoy it. I'd love to hear from you if you enjoy it too.

Here is something fun to see, a finished project. Yeah!


I'm super pleased with how this project turned out. It was a kit that I ordered from Connecting Threads. The pattern is called On the Go Tote by Susan Terpin. Sadly, I have scoured their website to give you a link, but they don't seem to be offering this pattern anymore. Which is a shame, because I really liked it.

I'm going to write a longer post later showing you all the great details in this bag. I must get ready to take the pugs for a walk, then go to work. It will be my first day back in the office in over a week. Last week I had a few days of vacation, and worked from home the other two days, so hopefully the re-entry won't be too much of a shock.

Have a great day!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

P.S. Just linked up to Chris W. Designs Bag Brag Tuesday. Lots of fabulous bags to check out.

13 comments:

  1. I missed your blog. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always read your blog. I like the variety of subjects. I just wish I quilted as much as you do. Karen, Cindy and I went to see the Dear Jane quilt at the Bennington Museum this past weekend. It's shown just once a year. Almost makes me want to make one (almost!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to do a guest blogger post on your field trip. Did you take pictures? Start a Dear Jane quilt? When does the exhibit close?

      Delete
  3. Yes, I enjoy your blog! I was worried sick that you hadn't blogged recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog! And DD (who is now off to college -- can you believe it?) used to also (to get stories of Elvis and Romeo)! I am now an empty nester and loving the extra time to quilt! Glad you are back -- was wondering if there was something wrong. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca is in college? Is she at BC? How did you ever find my blog?

      Delete
  5. Hi! Yes, Becca is in college! No, not BC (too large), but a smaller school in western Mass. So far (one week) she is loving it! I've been reading your blog for about two months. Saw you linked to some other blog (can't remember which) and recognized the pugs! Congratulations on your marriage!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the variety in your posts, I'm glad you're back :-). That is a great bag, I was sad to read that it's not available anymore. As soon as I saw it I thought, "I need to make that!" I am always looking for a roomy (but not too huge) bag pattern, that looks like a great one. I love the black and white, great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too enjoy the variety in your posts!! And even if none of us did, if it makes you happy - then do it!
    I love the quilting, the pugs, and the bags ... and seeing your quilting buddies! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete