Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Belated Sunday Sewing Report

This past Sunday, Joannie, Marion, and I put in some time in the salt mines, I mean sewing room. In contrast to past weekends where we've done a lot of fabric shopping, this Sunday, we vowed to take a break for lunch only.

Before the girls arrived at 10am, I went over to the Studio and organized it for an hour, putting away my lovely purchases from previous weeks, shown here and here. Marion arrived promptly at 10am. She decided to make a little zipper pouch that I had featured in my blog about Rachel's birthday bag. It is a free pattern from Moda.

I spent my morning pinning bindings on blankets to sell in our Etsy shop. I got four of them pinned and ready, and then decided it was time to sew.

Realizing that my brother Jeff's birthday was coming soon and that I had purchased Star Trek fabric back in February to make him some pillowcases, I got to work. Pillowcases are my "go-to" gift. Everyone loves them and they are easy to make.

Two Star Trek pillowcases for my brother Jeff.
Live long and prosper dear brother!
Joannie joined us mid morning and brought along her never-ending pile of place mats. I think she made two dozen Halloween place mats last year, and still had some left over to put binding on.

Joannie and Marion are all smiles showing off their finished projects.

I also made two Little Mermaid pillowcases. One is for my hairdresser's little girl, the other one is for a co-worker's little girl.
On Saturday, I'm taking the Bali Bed Runner Class with Joannie at Heart in Hands Quilt Shop. I'm a little nervous...I may have bitten off more than I can chew...

Hope that you are having a great day!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment