Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Mike!





Today is my darling husband Michael's birthday! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

Last year we celebrated in Austin...

This year in Boston...


Today was all about food. We slept in until 9am, late for me, on the early side for Mike. We went to the 50's Diner for breakfast. The birthday boy indulged himself with three poached eggs, home-made hash, and an English muffin. I had my "usual", aka, chocolate chip pancakes and a chocolate milk.

In the true spirit of "in sickness and in health," Mike and I have been sharing a cold for the past week and a half. Mike is still congested, and I have a nagging cough. Today, I was simply exhausted, so when we returned home for breakfast at noon, I took a nap with Elvis and LarryPug. Mike and Romeo watched the New England Patriots trounce the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I got out of bed at 4pm.

Tonight I surprised Mike and took him to Blue Ginger for dinner. If you are a foodie, you will know that this is Ming Tsai's restaurant. We have talked about trying this place since we started dating five and a half years ago. We had a lovely evening. Mike had the lobster for dinner and I had the lamb chops. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I won't say that it was expensive, only that the tip was more than what I spent on breakfast this morning.

Another happy birthday to my friend Kim G!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

P.S. Stay tuned for my adventures on Saturday in the Bali Bed Runner Class with Joannie and Nancy D.!

P.P.S. Joannie and Dan win the prize for best birthday message left on the answering machine. We love you both--but hold onto your day jobs and stop dreaming about a recording contract.


1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Nancy, Happy Birthday to Mike. I am sorry the birthday greetings are a little late, but I did not receive your post until this morning. You sound like you had a wonderful time. Mike's breakfast is George's favourite. When we visited my daughter, who used to live in Atlanta, we would go out for breakfast and poached eggs with muffins and with the addition of hollandaise sauce was all George ate for breakfast.... he loved it. Talking about going out for breakfast, I had never gone out for breakfast until I visited Atlanta. To me, being English, it seemed such a strange thing to do, as I usually have breakfast in my pyjamas. My daughter said I would love it.... I had my doubts....but do you know, it was fabulous.....no cooking and no washing up.... how great is that. So I am now a keen advocate of breakfasting out!
    The Bali Bed Runner class sounds interesting, I look forward to hearing about it.
    Love to Larry, Romeo and Elvis, I hope they are keeping well.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete