Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Projects

Last night in the Studio, I decided to start on some new projects. I bought this adorable bundle of fat quarters at the quilt show last Saturday to make a baby quilt for my coworker Anna. Anna's baby (a boy) is due in July. They are doing an ocean theme for his room. The fabric is a new line by Laurie Wisbrun for Robert Kaufman fabrics called, Don't Be Crabby.
Adorable whales, fish, crabs and sailboats.
I really liked this bundle because it is very contemporary, the colors are crisp, and the designs are not too baby-ish. Anna's husband is on a sailing team, so he will like the sailboats. My favorite fabric is the little crabs.

This is the pattern that I am using. It is from Quick Quilts magazine. I got all of the novelty prints cut out last night, but still need to cut out the white sashing fabric.
I also pulled together this magnificent bundle of batiks, which I bought in the back room ($5.99 a yard) at Quilter's Stash in Attleboro the previous weekend. I'm not usually a lime green, orange, and yellow girl, but these babies were singing to me, "Don't leave us behind." They reminded me of LifeSavers candy. I added the hot pink batik that Joannie gifted me with for my birthday. I'm going to use the Atkinson Design's pattern, Slide Show (shown below) with a white background. I am calling this my Popsicle Quilt, and I hope to finish it in time for the summer. Aren't the colors great?


Over the weekend, I attacked my scrap bucket and did some more cleaning, sorting, and donating. I found some buried treasure as well as some fabric that needed to go to a new home. Here is a bag of fabric for my friend Sue, who teaches quilting to ladies who live in a shelter.
Fabric for Sue's ladies!
This big bag of scraps is waiting for my friend Janet to return from Florida...she should be able to make a bunch of quilts from this.
Joannie says, "Hurry home, Janet, this bag is heavy!"
Do the fabrics ever sing to you? Isn't it fun to start a new project? What are you working on this week?

I am linking up to Free Motion by the River Linky Tuesday.

Have a great day!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. The crabs are cute, and the batiks look amazing!
    I am also in to a lot of colors, just look at my Bee in my Bonnet Row Along, as link#1 in Pat Sloan's post.

    ReplyDelete