Thursday, May 28, 2015

Berkshires: The Wrap Up

In between quilting our little hearts out, lots of other fun was had. Of course we played our favorite dice game, Right, Left, Center (RLC). Other people play for money, we play for fat quarters. Since our group was small I was hoping that luck would be on my side, but alas it was not to be...

Jean and Sally both cleaned up, each winning two games. Jean won the Kaffe Fassett fat quarters and the swirls. Sally won the polka dot fat quarters and our bonus game of 20 lottery tickets. It took her a long time to scratch them all, but she ended up winning $34. Karen won the batik fat quarters.

Jean was thrilled with her winnings!
Sally gave Kellie one of her tickets. Kellie has not yet told
us how much money she's won... she wants to buy a pony...
Sally will probably buy fabric...
Last year Karen arranged for us to take a felted wool class, this year's event was a Paint and Sip Party. Sally, Jean, and I didn't take the class, we had an excursion to Joann Fabrics and King Kone for ice cream instead.
Here are the happy artists with their masterpieces. From left to right: lady unknown (one of Karen's friends); Nancy D., Joannie, Cheryl, Kellie, Joanne S., Cindy's daughter, Cindy, and Karen.
Cheryl and Joannie at work.
Joanne S. and Nancy D. deep in concentration...
Our week flew by! All too soon it was time to go home. I could have stayed for another week.
Last day! We are tired but happy!
From left to right: Sally, Nancy D., Joanne S., me, Joannie with Kate in front.
Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Aren't retreats a blast? Looks like you all had FUN! I never seem to win the fat quarters. I love the idea of splitting them up into types - we've always just tossed everything into the pot like salad :) I'll have to suggest that at our next retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your retreats always look like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting patiently for the time I can go on retreats, besides the Sleep in your own bed retreat my sewing group hosts twice a year. I hope they are as much fun as your retreats!

    ReplyDelete