Sunday, August 12, 2018

Card Making Class at The Paper Source

Lately I haven't done much quilting. I just haven't had the time or the inclination. Instead, I have been trying a ton of other crafts this summer.

This past Saturday, some of my friends and I took a card making class at The Paper Source in Dedham. The class was taught by Katie, who was an excellent instructor. We used rubber stamps, markers, paint, confetti and much more! Our favorite new toys were the sticker maker machine and the heat embossing tool. We had so much fun. Of course, Julie and I used lots and lots of glitter!
Here is Marion rubber stamping.
Joannie using the heat embossing tool.
Kris and Julie
Trying some water color spatter techniques using a water-filled brush pen.
I also enjoyed writing with the glue pen and covering my writing with glitter. Check out the neat tray in the foreground. It acts like a funnel, so you can re-use your glitter and not waste any. Of course I bought one! And a glue pen too!
Kris, Julie and Joannie
Kris with some of her cards. The llama is made from wrapping paper that we ran through the sticker machine.
Julie with one of her cards.
Marion with two of her cards.
Kris, Julie, me, Marion and Joannie with some of our cards.
We will definitely be making some more cards together soon.

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. whee! what fun that is! I want to use a sticker machine. I bought a heat tool and never embossed... forgot how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous I didn't get to go! I missed my quilt group too. Ended up rushing one of my furries to Angel and spent the whole day there due to a feline asthma attack. Never heard of such a thing! She's okay and back home enjoying the air conditioning! Next time you have a class I want to go! :)

    ReplyDelete