Friday, October 3, 2014

October Quilt of the Month

Some of my pre-blogging day quilt record keeping is sketchy. October's quilt of the month may be my October Mystery Millennium Quilt, which I started in October of 1998. According to my UFO list, I finished the top on July 28, 2001, got it back from the machine quilter, which I think was my friend Kim P. (it's done in a beautiful stipple), in January of 2003, and I finished it on February 7, 2003. Or, this entry may be referring to a pink and purple star quilt, which was also quilted by Kim P., which was also a mystery quilt that we did at The Button Box. I really need to hold an all-day label making extravaganza and give my unlabeled quilts some identity! I think they could be in crisis!
Whatever. I made this quilt a really long time ago at the long defunct Quilted or Not. They used to hold these really great Midnight Mystery classes that ran from 4pm to midnight. A lot of my older quilt projects got started at a Midnight. You had a fabulous dinner at the MoonShadow Cafe (also long gone) across the street and you got to sew your brains out. The creative girls at Quilted or Not had a kit all made up for you, usually in a choice of colors. This one was totally scrappy strips. They had several different layout options, and I chose to solidify mine by using two colors of pinwheels to tie it together, in pink and in yellow. The border fabric is an eye popping hot pink and orange, with a fabulous hot pink and orange striped binding, cut on the bias for extra zip!
The diva shot! LarryPug!
LarryPug and Elvis, because a quilt always looks better with a pug or two on it!
The colors in this quilt are bright and cheerful. I need to dig out my giant Maple Leaf quilt project and get it done for next Fall, so that I have something more seasonal for my bed.

Linking up on Friday to Richard and Tanya Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and Crazy Mom Quilts.   

Linking up on Tuesday to Freemotion by the River.

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Michael Miller has 2 great new pug fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! A couple of pieces have made it to my house!

      Delete
  2. This sure is a happy quilt! Love the colors. And the pugs are cuties too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Midnight Mystery nights sound like a lot of fun and a good way to get stuck into a good long patch of sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bright quilt and love the Diva shot of Larry. Quilts and identity crisis. Does that mean our UFO's have abandonment issues? Definitely need some therapy now I am leaning toward some quilting and retail! Off I go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Quilt-of-the month is a good idea for honoring pre-blogging-days quilts. And I love your little quilt models!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt and the pugs are the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at those Lovely Pug faces! We have two..Micky & Maude. Life is absolutely better with Pug babies =)

    ReplyDelete