Tuesday, October 21, 2014

October Quilt Weekend

As usual, there was Chinese food, chocolate, and fabric shopping. We also had a first time quilter, a couple of hockey games, kugel and a Bar Mitzvah breakfast. You never know what's going to happen when you come to a Brown Bagger Quilt Weekend!

The unofficial theme of the weekend was "niece." Gifts were being made for lots of nieces, great nieces, nieces' babies, and there were also quilts being made that had been ordered by nieces.

Pat quilted two baby quilts and bound them. The pink one is for her niece's daughter, Harlowe, and the Dr. Seuss quilt is for a different niece's son, Ronan. I bet everyone wishes that Pat was their Aunt!
This quilt was made entirely of scraps from a previous baby quilt project!
I love this zippy Dr. Seuss rail fence. The striped binding was my suggestion!
Valerie assembled this beautiful star quilt top that will be a gift for her great niece. I just love the beautiful blue and white fabrics.
This beauty is queen size. Just needs to be layered and quilted.
Joannie assembled her birthday blocks into a finished top and then layered it. This will be a gift for her son Kevin. The poor boy doesn't have a quilt for his bed. Over the past week, Joannie also quilted 55 Christmas place mats.
I'm usually down with brown, but I like Joannie's quilt!
Kim P. is still making patchwork kittens.
I love these little pink kittens.
Nancy D. finished her Christmas table runner made with the Little Twister. She also worked on a Snowman table runner and a Yellow Brick Road quilt. Do we ever have a quilt weekend when someone doesn't make a Yellow Brick Road quilt?
A Christmas gift for Nancy's piano teacher
Winter fun!

Cheerful Yellow Brick Road!
Debbie made this Yellow Brick Road quilt top in Tula Pink fabrics. This contemporary palette is very different from Debbie's normal choice of country colors.
Debbie, please give this quilt to ME! I've been GOOD!
Joanne S. has been "volunteered" by her great niece into making 8 quilts for her and her cousins for Christmas gifts. She told Joanne that she needed to "commit to the project." That little girl is going to make a great CEO one day.
Six quilts are layered and ready for quilting.
There was a Bar Mitzvah breakfast on Sunday in the function room next door and they left behind two of the centerpieces. I took one home. I love sunflowers, and so does my mother-in-law, Bobbie.
Still life with Ove Glove, rubber band, and junk mail.
Perhaps I should clear the kitchen table.
This gorgeous Christening gown wasn't made at the quilt weekend, but I had to share a photo with you. Pat made this gown from the baby's mom's wedding dress. She also made an adorable matching cap. This will be a family heirloom for many years to come.
Isn't this little guy cute?
Hope you enjoyed our October Quilt Weekend in photos! Linking up on Tuesday with Freemotion by the River. Linking up on Wednesday to Freshly Pieced and Sew Fresh Quilts. Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. OK I definitely need to come and join you on a weekend. Maybe then I would get a yellow brick road quilt finished! Wow gorgeous christening gown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects all around! I love how you get everyone to show their projects! My friends run and hide when I get out the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend! Lots of sewing getting done there!

    ReplyDelete