Monday, October 13, 2014

Putting the Pedal to the Metal

Hello Dear Blog Readers!

I am so excited to announce that I actually finished something this week! I feel like its been ages since I've shown you a finished quilt.
Yeah! It's a finished quilt!
I made this quilt for my husband's friend Phil. They've been friends since college. All the fabric came out of The Stash and some of it is quite old, but all the colors look great together. I love the black sashing, it gives the quilt the look of stained glass. This pattern is Colonnade by my blogging friend Kim from Robot Mom Sews. It was very easy and fun to put together. In fact, I've already started a second one in novelty prints. This quilt was professionally machine quilted by my friend Terri Bearer.

I actually sewed every day last week (except Wednesday) from Sunday to Saturday. It's amazing how much I got done! In addition to the beautiful quilt above, I also finished three small projects.

I made a Halloween pillowcase for my five year old friend Lily. I also found a book of owl stickers to accompany it. Lily loves owls. I've already found Christmas owl fabric for the next pillowcase.

I sewed the binding on to this table runner. This is a thank you gift for my co-worker Dianne. She painted a bunch of items for my Studio. She has a pink dining room!
This was an old UFO that I resurrected. I had four blocks made, so I called it a day and made a table runner from them. This is Hunter's Star by Deb Tucker. This table runner has been professionally machine quilted by my friend Kim Pratt. There are adorable daisies in the center of each star.

On Saturday, I sewed with Joannie and Marion. I made this little zipper bag for my friend Cindy's birthday next month. I plan to make two other smaller ones to go with it. I used two layers of medium weight interfacing instead of batting and it stands up very nicely.
I love this dog fabric!
Have a great day! Linking up on Tuesday to Freemotion by the River. Linking up on Friday to Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts and Crazy Mom Quilts. Thanks for visiting.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

16 comments:

  1. What nice finishes! I love that quilt for Phil. The colors are just fabulous. The runner will be perfect for a pink dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes. Love the colors and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEK!! I absolutely love it!! It turned out fabulous!! I'm sure Phil will love it too!
    Also, that dog fabric - to die for!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome finishes! Love the quilting on the stain glass quilt top. The Halloween owl pillow is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your quilt finish is gorgeous. Awesome job with those colors! Congrats on a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, busy lady!! I love, love, love the quilt, it looks like stained glass and those colors are gorgeous! I need to add that pattern to my list :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stained glass quilt is so pretty! I love that. Nice work. (and huzzah for finishes!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your finished quilt is just fabulous and the quilting seems great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finishes! The four blocks look designed for a table runner. Love that candy corn in the pillow case. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects and that Halloween pillowcase is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your quilt for Phil. Those are my favorite colors! All of your finishes are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt looks so much like stained glass that if I were Phil, I'd hang it on the wall. Absolutely stunning! And I love the pillowcase idea. That's another thing I could for my first grandchild on the way. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That top quilt looks great. I love the deep, rich colours. It really does look like a stained glass window. I'm sure your husband's friend will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you got a lot done. I love that blue quilt. Very pretty but also very masculine. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of beautiful projects!! I love that stained glass quilt!! Such gorgeous colors!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete