Friday, October 24, 2014

Entering the Blogger's Quilt Festival!

This is my first entry in the Blogger's Quilt Festival, which is organized by Amy Ellis, quilt author and designer, who blogs at Amy's Creative Side. I am entering the Large Quilt Category. You can  vote on Amy's blog from November 1-7.

I finished this quilt in 2013 as a wedding gift for my darling friend and coworker, Anna. Anna and I have worked together for over ten years. If you've read my blog, you may have seen it before, but it is worth seeing again. I've been quilting for over 20 years, but to-date, this quilt is my absolute favorite. I LOVE the colors. And, I could have only given it to Anna.
Here is the quilt in all its glory. I'm on the right and my friend Joannie is on the left.
Photo by my husband, Michael.
The pattern is a Blooming Nine Patch from Traditions with a Twist, which is one of my favorite quilt books. I've made this quilt before, but never one so big (it's 96"x108"). There are 10 different batiks in this quilt which blend out from an aqua to turquoise to purple to a greenish-blue.

Here is Anna's darling little boy Logan who was born the same day as Prince George! He is on the quilt with his two canine siblings, Frou and Jasper at their new home in Florida.
From left to right: Jasper, Logan, and Frou. Jasper and Frou are Cocker Spaniels.
For more on this quilt, go here. For more on Logan, go here and here.

Linking up on Friday to Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts and Crazy Mom Quilts.

Thanks for visiting! Please come again soon! You can also subscribe to my blog through Bloglovin' or through email. You can read my other non quilting blog, here.

Here are my three pug boys, the source of inspiration for my blog name and the puggy-loves of my life.
From left to right: Romeo, 13, LarryPug, 5, and Elvis, 12.
Pugs and kisses,
Nancy


18 comments:

  1. It's amazing...I love how it had that radiance coming out from the center and while the dogs and adorable little one are trying to steal the show here, the quilt holds its own against those cuties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Blooming Nine Patch. The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen many blooming 9 patches but this has to be my favourite - your colour graduation is simply wonderful. Good luck in BQF, I've put my 2 entries in this morning too, different categories to you! - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 2 pugs, Gino and Pugsley, who look a lot like Romeo and Larry Pug. One big and one small. Love the pictures and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colors, good luck in the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful use of colour and movement - what a fantastic quilt pattern. You've done a fantastic job with this, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly fits into the "Large Quilt" category and it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely beautiful. You did a wonderful job selecting the fabrics to blend....and that is always the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big and beautiful! The pugs look in fine form, the elders and the new kid on the block. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful quilt! It is hard to part with them but it sounds like this one went to a good and loving home! Your little boys are adorable! I wish you good luck with your entry in the Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors in this are so perfect. This is a great addition to the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous. What a wonderful gift. Good providence in the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a gorgeous Blooming Nine Patch Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Blooming Nine Patch, I also want to make one in the future

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! And your dogs are so cute!

    ReplyDelete