Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Planning Ahead

Today I made some preparations for Fall.



First, I booked myself (and Marion) on a fabric shopping tour of the garment district in New York City in October. It was pretty easy to convince Joannie to join us, and I'm waiting to hear back from Carol. I found the tour on one of the blogs I like to read. If you'd like to join us, click here for the information.

Second, in case I was in any danger of running out of Unfinished Projects (known as UFOs in the quilting world), I also signed up for a two session class at Heart in Hands Quilt Shop. This class features my two favorite (NOT!) techniques--curved piecing and paper piecing. Not sure what I was thinking except that I LOVE the project. Joannie will be joining me in my insanity. At least it's a small project, so maybe I will finish it.


If I'm able to finish this project with a minimum of hair pulling, here's the Judy Niemeyer project I really would like to make.






OK, so a girl can dream, can't she?

At least I have my beautiful Double Wedding Ring quilt that Joannie made me for a wedding gift. Maybe I can convince her to make it bed-size...




Hope you are having a great day!

On Friday I am linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts, and Sew Many Ways. I love all of these great blogs and I am very appreciative of their generosity in hosting these linky parties. If you come by for a visit, won't you please stop and leave a comment?

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy


2 comments:

  1. Just love the Double Wedding Ring quilt.....it is amazing. Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete