Friday, December 4, 2015

I'm Back! (no pun intended...)

November was such a nasty month for me that I decided to not blog again until December and see if bad Karma was done with me. I'm not sure who I may have offended, but I hope that my bad luck has moved on.
Finally my aching back was well enough to join my Brown Bagger buddies and some new quilting friends at the Cape for a week time quilt retreat. I'm so confused that today is Friday, since normally our quilt retreats take place over a weekend. Today is supposed to be errand day, but I haven't accomplished anything yet this morning besides walking the pug boys and eating breakfast, so I thought I might as well write a blog post!

Let's start off with some finished projects!
Joannie finished this quilt for her sister. She even stopped at her sister's house on the way home and gave it to her! She quilted it herself on her Pfaff sewing machine.
Here's a close-up. Her sister wanted mauve and grey, but Joannie amped up the colors a little bit. It is even prettier in person.
Sally, Paula and Terri finished some bags!
Sally is making Schlep bags for Christmas gifts.
The small one on the left is for Sally's granddaughter, the larger one on the right is for Sally's daughter. They have handles which don't show up in this photo. Sally has several more in progress.
Paula finished this pretty batik shoulder bag. Despite Paula's smile here, there were some choice swear words involved in the bag's construction.
Terri made this gi-normous quilted bag, big enough to hold all three of the pug boys or a queen size quilt.
Paula also finished this skeleton print zippered bag for her granddaughter for Christmas. Paula's granddaughter loves skeletons! Look for Paula's skeleton quilt in a future post soon. This bag is not the infamous Boxy Pouch, this pattern is A Little Duffle Do It.
Joanne and Nancy D. finished some table runners!
Joanne is making these table runners for Christmas gifts.
One is completely finished and the other seven (!) just need binding! Joanne spent her time working exclusively on these!
This is Nancy D.'s sunflower table runner. It is bright and cheerful!
No scrap of fabric or batting went into the trash. We stuffed three more pet pillows and sent a half finished one home with Terri to take to the quilt shop in Lakeville. My friend Michelle, who owns Homestead Quilting and Fabrics in Lakeville, MA also saves scraps for me.
Pat donated these leftover decorator fabrics which made some very elegant pet beds. Thanks Pat.
More soon!

Thanks for visiting and for your well wishes! Linking up on Friday to Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Richard and Tanya Quilts.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. It's about time you're back! Nice post. Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Terri made this gi-normous quilted bag, big enough to hold all three of the pug boys or a queen size quilt." HAHAHA you crack me up! Hope the bad ju-ju is done for you now that its December. Back pain is such a huge pain in the .... well .... back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back! I'm so glad you're feeling better. If you ever need anything please call me! I love all of the photos of everyone's creativity. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you got a chance to go to "The Cape", and look at what everyone accomplished! Love the projects.

    ReplyDelete