Friday, May 3, 2013

A Few Photos for Friday

Can you spot a ringer? This is my friend Lisa and her Lantern Quilt...the one that she said that she needed my help on...
Yes, it looks like a finished quilt top to me too! And a gorgeous one at that. I've wanted to make this quilt for a long time now and her quilt is certainly an inspiration. Lisa chose metallic fabrics so that it looked like the lanterns were lit.

OK... so I did help Lisa cut out some binding strips out last night, which she seemed to think was a great big deal. So now, we are working together to get Lisa started on her next quilting project...perhaps a pillowcase or a chubby charmer tote bag. We are going to send her quilt top out to be quilted.

Here is my friend Beth with two GORGEOUS bags that she made as a custom order and her customer never showed up to claim them! How insulting! And how lovely are these bags? Zebra print, one of my favorites...Beth, I'd be happy to take them off your hands...

Note to Beth: Next time, remember to ask for payment in advance or at least a down payment!


Marion and I are still working on the infernal t-shirt quilt order. We need to finish it soon, it is a high school graduation gift.
Our client showed up with three large bags of t-shirts, more
than we could ever possibly use.

Project in progress.
We have three rows assembled and one of them needs a little quilting surgery. One more row to assemble and then we need to add borders, make a back, and layer it. This is our plan for Sunday...

Hope you have a great weekend!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment