Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Little Sunday Show and Tell

Welcome to June! How did the first five months of 2014 go by so fast?

I hung out with my Brown Bagger quilting buddies today. Lori made a special trip to show us a couple of finished projects.

First, here is a gorgeous batik quilt that is a high school graduation gift for her niece Jill. Congratulations Jill!
Lori is behind the quilt with her assistant holder, Sally.
It doesn't seem possible that Jill is old enough to graduate from high school. I can remember back when she was born...

Lori also made these adorable baby dresses for her future great niece, who is due to arrive in the world very soon. This is a free pattern that can be found here.

Lori's Great Niece will be a well dressed baby.
Aren't they cute? Lori pre-washed all her fabric and ribbons and sewed everything down with a vengeance to make them baby proof.

Nancy D. made this beautiful Yellow Brick Road quilt top in a bevvy of blue fabrics from Connecting Threads. The fabric line is called Symphony of Blues. It is an order from a former coworker who will use it in her guest room. I love the circular print in the border.
This is too nice to give away, Nancy D.
I was very happy to see my friend Carol make an appearance. She is working on a very cute Hello Kitty Quilt for a friend.
Carol is using lots of pink and black prints plus the famous Hello Kitty.
I worked on my Scrap Wave that I started in the Berkshires. I happily sewed all day and put together strip sets for a third panel. The next step is to sub-cut the four panels of 10 strips into 2 1/2" strips of squares and start the assembly of the panel.
Watch out Heidi Klum! Here I am modelling my new quilting t-shirt.
If you can't read it, it says, "I'm a Fabricaholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I'm on the road to the fabric store." I bought it on Facebook through Teespring and I love it.

We also exchanged the first set of Row by Rows. They are looking great so far! Sorry, I can't show them to you until all the rows are finished.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy


3 comments:

  1. Love the shirt!!! The quilts are beautiful, as always, and the outfits are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute shirt! Lovely quilts and the baby clothes are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that shirt is cute . man if I graduate will Jill make me a quilt like that? gorgeous! and the baby clothes are so darling. nice quilts coming along as well.

    ReplyDelete