Saturday, June 7, 2014

Oops! We did it again!

Mike and I did the Pug Rescue of New England (PRONE) 5k for the second year in a row. Last year it was blisteringly hot so we had to leave the pugs at home. This year the weather was a little cooler, so we brought the whole family.
Mike holding Romeo, me holding LarryPug, and Elvis in the carriage.
Romeo amazed us by walking the entire 3 miles. He is 12 and a half years old, which is the equivalent of being 84 years old in dog years (same age as my Dad). I put him in the carriage with Elvis at the mile marker, but he jumped out and insisted on walking. I also gave LarryPug a turn in the carriage, but he jumped out as well. Elvis happily rode for the entire 3 miles and barked at dogs that he didn't like.

Proof that I made it at least to mile 1, although Mike cut my head off in this shot.
At least you can see my cute t-shirt which has a photo of our pugs. It says, "I run with the Pug Pack."
I was very happy that this year's t-shirts are purple which is a big improvement over last year's which were grey with an orange imprint. Mike is wearing last year's t-shirt in the photo.

My feet didn't hurt as much as last year, and we only finished second to last, so our time has improved. Somehow, neither of us can make it the entire three miles without stopping at least twice in the bathroom. Luckily, they have very nice bathrooms at Carson Beach.

The funniest thing that happened was that I saw a woman walking her grandbaby in a carriage and she was carrying one of my friend Pat's diaper bags made up in pink and grey chevron fabric. I recognized it immediately. I asked her if Pat made it, and she said yes!

Three tired puggies on the way home from the walk.
We did do the entire route and I rewarded myself with a chocolate frappe on our ride home. Conveniently the ice cream shop opened at 11am, just as we arrived.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend! The bottoms of my feet hurt!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Soak your feet then massage them with tea tree oil lotion or peppermint lotion and you will feel fabulous. Glad the boys got to go along.

    ReplyDelete