Friday, August 29, 2014

Checking in with my Thursday Girls

I haven't seen my Thursday friends for at least a month. My kimono jacket class took up several weeks, and on more than one occasion, the air conditioning was broken at our quilting location, so our get together was cancelled.

Beth was trying out a tutorial for a Double Friendship Star that she had seen at the Missouri Quilt Company. She is planning to make this quilt for a friend, so she made a sample block to try the technique and see if she liked her color choices. It's always a good idea to make a sample block!
The colors are just lovely. They remind me of wine.
It's a winner in my book! Beth was pleased with her finished block. The actual quilt will use smaller, 2.5 inch strips. You can watch the video below.


Karen, who is one of our fastest sewers, whipped up this cute little bag for her stepson's girlfriend. The bag is from Amy Butler's book, Style Stitches. Note that Karen enlarged the pattern by 140% (this was the largest setting on her copy machine), the one shown in the book looks more like a change purse.
This darling little bag has a zippered top.
A couple of the girls were getting ready for the holidays (apparently there are only 18 Fridays left until Christmas!). Nancy Q. is making an adorable applique for Christmas with these cute little mice riding on a train. Nancy's grandson, Ethan, loves trains.
The pattern is called Christmas Express and it is by Holly Hill Quilt Designs.

Ginny is starting a cross stitch pattern that quotes Thomas Jefferson, "I cannot live without books." It will be a Christmas gift for her son.

Ginny is doing her third annual Susan G. Komen 60 mile Breast Cancer walk next month. Go Ginny!
Here is Toni helping Aggy with her table runner.
Here are Judi and Toni sewing away! Judi was working on
tote bags and Toni was making a baby quilt.

Do you ever wonder why sometimes our seams are not straight?
We do sew in a bar...
I worked on my Pink Lemonade Scrap Wave that you've already seen several times, here and here. I have two more panels to finish before I assemble the top. I'm ready to finish it so that I can start work on my blue and purple one.

We missed Pat who was lounging at the beach instead of quilting.

In other exciting news:

Romeo and Elvis are suffering no long term side effects from their experimentation with marijuana.
Elvis on the grass, instead of eating grass.
Romeo (ditto)
I got new sneakers! (I bet you can hear them screaming my name!)
Thanks for visiting.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. You all look like you have a great time!
    Love your new footwear Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe you ladies look like you are having fun. Sweet shoes!

    ReplyDelete